
NST featured a very good article, an interview with property guru Gavin Tee as well as map maker Mr Ho Chin Soon - an article on Greater Bukit Bintang. Yes, we already have Greater Kuala Lumpur and Greater Klang Valley, and looking at the local area of Bukit Bintang - the name GREATER BUKIT BINTANG is ideal for this area.
Mr Gavin Tee had said that KLIFD will take 10-15 years before it can be a stiff competitor to Bukit Bintang. I would like to comment on that a bit - in my opinion, the Kuala Lumpur International Financial District (KLIFD), together with the Warisan Merdeka development as well as the Bandar 1Malaysia and perhaps the Pudu Jail Redevelopment will only make Bukit Bintang better. In fact, I believe it is about time that we filter the area a bit.
With the immense amount of office space to be offered at the developments above, I believe it would be about time the offices start shifting out of buildings within the Bukit Bintang Shopping Zone - and slowly these buildings will be converted into luxury or niche retail places. I was in Hong Kong two weeks ago, and mind you, it is about time that we have restaurants in the middle of a building (say... 18th floor or so), or even retailers on the upper floors, instead of just being in shopping malls.

Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.
If you ask me, I foresee that one day - say 10 years time, Bukit Bintang would be a 90% shopping district. It will become the Orchard Road and Tsim Sha Tsui of Kuala Lumpur. Office tenants would gradually shift out and expand to newer buildings at KLIFD and the Warisan Merdeka areas, allowing more retail space on this side. I foresee a lot of the buildings at Jalan Bukit Bintang / Jalan Sultan Ismail - such as BB Plaza, Sungei Wang, all the way til Royale Bintang Hotel undergoing renovations and upgrades to their buildings. More hotels will spring up in the area, both on the high end, as well as on the budget levels. Bukit Bintang will truly become a shopping hub of Malaysia.

Jalan Alor.
I would foresee that new 'attractions' - such as upmarket restaurants, upmarket lounges and bistros, clubs, and various different types of shopping experiences to mushroom within the area. In my opinion, it would be perfect if they could close up Jalan Alor to cars after 6pm everyday, making it a full pedestrian zone, as well as parts of Jalan Bukit Bintang too. It is about time we rejuvenate the area further and it takes the cooperation of everyone at Bukit Bintang to do this.

I feel that making this place a 'walkthrough' would be an essential step, as our walkways/corridors are seriously too 'tight' for pedestrians to walk around freely - unlike the super wide walkway in front of Ngee Ann City at Orchard Road. =) I wrote about improving the pedestrian connectivity as well as security last year after our PM announced the new 'linkbridge' at the ETP and I still feel the same way now.
...and the remark on the high speed rail, I would think that it can increase the number of tourists in Kuala Lumpur. But the possibility of Malaysians staying in Kuala Lumpur and working in Singapore via high speed rail, I think that likelihood wont happen yet, at least not for the next 20-25 years. =)
I want to see a lot more upscale retailers in Kuala Lumpur; those crossover shops, luxury names, rare names, more names like BAPE and Yohji Yamamoto, as well as Hermes and Louis Vuitton around. Bukit Bintang can be a shopping haven....

After all, who said there can only be 1 LV on Jalan Bukit Bintang?
16 comments:
looks of [url=http://nudecelebrites.webnode.com/blog/] naked photos[/url] naked beach .
digital photography of [url=http://toosoontribune.com/story.php?title=megan-fox-sexy-nude-body] nude sex scene[/url] celebrities naked .
pharmacy patient entertainment http://icepharmacy.in/liposuction phentermine usa pharmacy 4593324
[url=http://www.virtualcazinoz.com]casino[/url] [url=http://casinolasvegass.com]casino[/url] [url=http://www.playatonlinecasinos.com]online casino[/url] [url=http://www.casinoonlinebrazil.com]jogos de cassino[/url] [url=http://www.onlinecasino3.nl]casinos online[/url] [url=http://www.playatonlinecasinos.com/casino-games.html]online pokies[/url]
Without learning, without eyes.
http://www.burberryoutletusaxs.com/
http://www.casquemonsterbeatser.com/
http://www.ghdnewzealandshopa.com/
http://www.coachfactoryoutletsez.com/
http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
http://www.cheapfashionshoesas.com/
http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
http://www.bottesuggpascheri.com/
http://www.buybeatsbydrdrexa.com/
For all pain helps to make us rise, however much we may hate it at the time.
http://www.buybeatsbydrdrexa.com/
http://www.bottesuggpascheri.com/
http://www.ghdnewzealandshopa.com/
http://www.casquemonsterbeatser.com/
http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
http://www.cheapfashionshoesas.com/
http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
http://www.coachfactoryoutletsez.com/
http://www.burberryoutletusaxs.com/
cheap ugg boots sale pypszvyj cheap ugg boots uk egkmdhwp cheap ugg boots suhamths cheap uggs ktsjranr ugg boots sale uk ywmzpmto ugg boots sale uklsedrv ugg boots uk bhqorvwl ugg boots rhncclgd ugg sale pfsxbzvv
beats by dre jwrjjzvb casque beats by dre pas cher uhocvnwt casque beats by dre hympqvzt casque docteur dre pxskkqca casque monster beats pas cher ceolywxx casque monster beats rpudwfyk ecouteur beats uslvxrej monster beats pas cher nneqxvel monster beats rrjpzayp
tory burch hpyevcms トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ iphoneケース wlxywupv トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ ãƒãƒƒã‚° xdidsfxb トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ 財布 jdxmsrbo トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ 店舗 qexltphf トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ é´ xzjjtyye トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒ kzcikvxd トリーãƒãƒ¼ãƒæ–°ä½œ ydpfibue
billige uggs rktwjcpo ugg norge quwhgeiq ugg sko dimzswdx ugg xelbiawr uggs australia ypzioien uggs norge gdekrpsd uggs p? nett sbgnppmm uggs sko jopynkts uggs whyrkmyp
cheap ugg boots sale effanmoe cheap ugg boots uk gilqbohf cheap ugg boots ipslsmtj cheap uggs dtavzkpu ugg boots sale uk mkaqvbzs ugg boots sale mazuerhk ugg boots uk elinhuou ugg boots wmzmnylc ugg sale bdsswclb
cheap nike air max 90 elbjpuho cheap nike air max alxzpwmo nike air max 1 zkuvmqel nike air max 90 fizddogo nike air max 95 afmgksad nike air max znltqdzp nike free run glgvppcn nike store uk qwybbgqo nike uk dkrhwktc
Hi there this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Here is my homepage :: the tao of badass
Hello. And Bye.
http://blogs.princeton.edu/englib/2010/07/u_s_government_oil_spill_information_sources.html#comments
http://zanazeen.com/index.php?do=/user/login/
http://www.52noni.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=1192167&extra=
http://wanderer.com.br/glossario/index.php?title=User:Outlet7356#ilPH_http:.2F.2Fnikeonlinefactorystore.com:Cake_ap.C3.A9ritif_jambon
http://manual.b2evolution.net.pandastats.net/
To get your self an unique proper now, Check out our internet site!.
the cupcakes to cool on a wire cooling rack.
The pictures showcase the stunning scenery that she and William witnessed during the once in a lifetime experience which saw them climb trees and cross rope bridges along the breath-taking jungle canopy.
Michael Kors sent a fur filled collection down the runway for fall 2012 which was shown in pale tan, chocolate brown and black.
Living devoid of the solutions to the problems you sorted out all through this site is a serious case, as well as ones which could have in a wrong way damaged my entire career if I hadn encountered your website.
Post a Comment