Malaysia announces its Budget 2013 tomorrow. 

Tomorrow, we will know of what our PM has in store for us in the Budget 2013. I would say, today's Budget 2013 announcement would likely be a very people friendly budget; based on what I have read so far, I would expect it to be rather neutral to the corporate world - perhaps a reduction in corporate income tax would be announced. But let's just see what is potentially in store for us all...

Take into account that there is already a global economic decline - particularly in Europe. Then, take into account also - that the 13th General Election is coming soon.

I reckon this Budget may include some nice 'giveaways'. The people would be asking for all the tax reductions, subsidies and further government spending to make the rakyat happy - but think of it from the overall view. What the rakyat should be expecting is a reduction of the budget deficit, the federal budget debt and the national debt in 2013. With rising demands and expectations from the rakyat - I would say the Government would be in a dilemma as to how to meet - giving out lesser for the bigger picture would result in a backlash, but giving out more would result in long term pain for the country.

As a rakyat, I would be asking for some priority to fight the rising inflation. Based on various reports, I believe various supply of goods and services are decreasing, hence creating a price increase. The Budget should provide a breather in the various supply chains - allowing a more seamless and bottleneck-free process. Further to that, to benefit the small businesses, perhaps the Budget could remove some taxes and duties for them. For the lower income group - I reckon more funds should be allocated for the PR1MA schemes, other low cost housing, affordable housing, and perhaps, some extra funds for 1Malaysia clinics to cater to them. Get rid of the irresponsible contractors or developers - especially those with a record of abandoned housing schemes - if everyone start pricing in the risks of this and that - likely that the house buyers are paying for this extra calculated risks.

Some of the other key pointers speculated to be in the Budget 2013 would include certain tax incentives to private retirement schemes. For the construction sector, I would expect to see the announcement or rather, the updates of various ETP projects - including the MRT, with a potential announcement of the Circle Line, the Petronas RAPID and its development, the kick-off of the 100 storey Wawasan Tower, and perhaps also the Gemas-JB and KL-Singapore train projects. 

For the Property sector, I believe certain tightening measures may be introduced - perhaps to cool down the market. With recent budgets had changes in RPGT and stamp duties, perhaps there might be a potential increase this time around - but then I may be wrong. 

So, whether I am right or wrong here, we shall see tomorrow - when our PM announces the Budget 2013. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Τhank уοu fοr evеrу οther еxcеllent pοѕt.
Τhе plасe else mаy just anyonе get that kind оf infоrmation in ѕuch a perfеct aρproаch of
wrіting? ӏ've a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the look for such info.
My blog post ... Natural facelift

Anonymous said...

Hello! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trying to find
a template or plugin that might be able to fix this issue.

If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!
My webpage grocery store coupons

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with ЅEO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm nοt ѕeeіng verу good results.
If you κnow of аny please ѕhare.
Cheеrs!
Feel free to surf my webpage : Aloe Vera Uses

Anonymous said...

Τhаnks for finаlly talkіng about > "The Budget 2013 Malaysia."
< Liked it!
Also see my web page - Natural Facelift

Anonymous said...

Touche. Great arguments. Keep up the great work.
Also visit my website ブーツugg

Anonymous said...

Article writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with then
you can write or else it is difficult to write.
My webpage :: The Scar Solution Review

Anonymous said...

The ωhоle stοгagе exceed the prοpοгtions in the dіsk.
Мacѕ initiаl suppoгtHFЅ ԁοcument tеchniquе ωhiсh waѕ later rеplаced bу
HFS+. Hοweѵеr, tough driveѕ and DVDs аrе
a good choice; hoωevег they their vегy oωn negatіνes.

For that reason, to execute a restore from a 'Normal' back-uρ you need just
the most recent 'Normal' established tо regeneгate eaсh anԁ evеry file whіch has been stored.
data recovery program Neverthelesѕ, you'll find specialised software apps that can have a look at with the hard drive and locate these kind of orphaned files and also obtain them completely or at best partially. Performance of experiencing data recovery Mac in every certain situation regarding data damage can make this specific energy because right one so far.
Here is my web blog ; data recovery program

Anonymous said...

Мы снабжаем строительные обьекты, гостиницы, больницы, школы, а так же различные организации и предприятия. Позвоните по телефону: Т.ф. 8(391) 275-46-00, 296-58-84, 271-68-99, 2-328-329 e-mail: megastyle08@mail.ru, www. ТД-МЕГАСТИЛЬ. РФ и наши опытные специалисты проконсультируют Вас об интересующем товаре, возможных сроках поставки, грамотно ответят на все Ваши вопросы, окажут квалифицированную помощь. Мы твёрдо придерживаемся принципов снабжения, которые позволяют нам качественно и максимально быстро удовлетворить потребности наших клиентов.



[url=http://www.td-megastile.ru/]Комплексное снабжение «ООО «Торговый Дом- МЕГАСТИЛЬ»[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great blog here! Also your site loads up fast!

What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as
yours lol
My web page ; Breast Enhancement oil

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the images on this blog loading?
I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Here is my website - macbook pro black friday 17"

Unknown said...

what's the difference with ytd's one??? lol

Anonymous said...

[p]In this manner you can be least apt to be cheated or sold cheap replicas [url=http://www.airjrodan2013.com/air-jordan-4-retro.html]Jordan 4 Retro[/url] or reproductions without you knowing . These insoles offers you extra [url=http://www.2013sportsshoes.com/air-jordan-retro-23.html]Jordan Retro 23[/url] comfort and cushioning, that is required with this intense dance aerobics class . Film stars create a fashion statement [url=http://www.airjrodan2013.com]air jordan 2013[/url] by putting on their words on T-shirt, while other celebrities make their statements a bit in another way or perhaps their choosy styles . He understood their abilities, their mindset, their weaknesses, and vision, [url=http://www.airjrodan2013.com]air jordan 2012[/url] and surely could direct his team to varied victories as a true champ could . Firstly, the historic Christian churches have consistently maintained and defended the divine origin of Scripture . Our next season [url=http://www.2013sportsshoes.com]air jordan on sale[/url] whilst . [url=http://www.2013sportsshoes.com]jordan shoes for sale
[/url] Vincent-St . It really is fitted using a 2 megapixel lens which may also be employed to record videos.[/p]