The European Championships 2012 is currently underway, and the final quarter final is to be played tonight, between a considerably lucky England, versus the ever strong Italy. While the Eurozone crisis is still only seeing a slow recovery, the Euro 2012 is quickly coming to the last few matches already. The semi-finals would see Portugal play Spain, while Germany awaits England or Italy. I think an interesting final would be a Spain vs England final, a tale of David vs Goliath story, and well, who knows... Rooney may just pop a winner there. 



From this summer tournament, I wonder how many of the superstars here would somewhat make it to England. I remembered reading an article from Arsenal's manager Arsene Wenger that he usually dont trust the players who perform during the summer tournaments, such as the World Cup or the European Championships - as he is sceptical about their performances over an entire season. Needless to say, I still think there will be many who will still make it to the English Premier League; after all, it is where all the big money is at. =)

Just like how Mesut Özil moved from Germany to Real Madrid after the World Cup 2010, there are many other names to spot and to identify after this summer's Euro 2012. For example, Croatia's Mario Mandzukic, with 3 goals throughout the tournament, would be a prime target for many English clubs, and I am quite sure Wolfsburg would want to cash in on his success. Alan Dzagoev from Russia, also with 3 goals, is already in Arsenal's radar, and it might take a hefty sum to take him away from CSKA Moscow. 


While Manchester United has already signed Shinji Kagawa, and also released Tomas Kuszczak, Arsenal has already signed Lukas Podolski from FC Cologne and Chelsea got Eden Hazard from Lille. In the same time, Chelsea released Drogba to go to China(???), and Liverpool have sold Dirk Kuyt to Fenerbahce. One team that has been making some interesting acquisitions quietly would be Tony Fernandes' Queens Park Rangers - of which they have signed Robert Green and Andrew Johnson, and then add that to its previous signings of Djibril Cisse - we might have a much stronger QPR next season. 


I am looking forward to the next 60 days or so, to see who makes the most interesting signings. In my opinion, there are many other top guys out there who will make the move - and I would say that list would include Wesley Sneijder, Gonzalo Higuain, Robin van Persie perhaps, Luka Modric, Javi Martinez, James Rodriguez... well, the list goes on and on...


So.... ENGLAND tonight?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I donít have time to read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work